ivybookbindings

Keertana @ Ivy Book Bindings

Hi, I'm Keertana! I am a blogger, student, avid lover of chocolate, and most importantly, a reader. You can follow me for regular reviews, discussion posts, and author interviews on my blog, http://ivybookbindings.blogspot.com. For now, I'm still fairly active on GoodReads, but I can't wait to join the BookLikes community! :)

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
April Genevieve Tucholke
Making It Last - Ruthie Knox More than romance novels, what I really love are stories of people making it work. MAKING IT LAST packs a punch within its short frame, delving into the mindset of a middle-aged woman, exhausted from caring for her children and rarely seeing her husband who is too busy sustaining their expenses. Both Amber and Tony aren't happy with their lives, particularly Amber who has lost who she is amidst her large family. Knox writes this with such poise and talent that I felt Amber, her pain and depression, so acutely. And while it isn't a simple problem that can be solved through a minor vacation, Tony tries because he loves his wife. If you're looking for a romantic read with a heart-wrenching emotional punch and plenty of character depth, this is it. Very short, very good, and very realistic.