ivybookbindings

Keertana @ Ivy Book Bindings

Hi, I'm Keertana! I am a blogger, student, avid lover of chocolate, and most importantly, a reader. You can follow me for regular reviews, discussion posts, and author interviews on my blog, http://ivybookbindings.blogspot.com. For now, I'm still fairly active on GoodReads, but I can't wait to join the BookLikes community! :)

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
April Genevieve Tucholke
A Local Habitation - Seanan McGuire Rating: 2.5 StarsA LOCAL HABITATION is a disappointment after the promising start of ROSEMARY AND RUE. While Toby is a changed woman from both books - her acceptance of her role in Faerie a relief - the plot of this novel is its ultimate downfall. While ROSEMARY AND RUE could be slow, it kept me guessing till the end, quite unlike this installment. A LOCAL HABITATION is dragged out to the point where Toby simply looks stupid. Although she's a detective, she misses many obvious clues until the end. And sure, I didn't put together the entire mystery scheme, but she could have done it a lot sooner too. If there are any saving graces it is the relationships Toby establishes with Quentin, her sidekick, and the sizzling tension between herself and Tybalt. Also, Toby is no longer the bitter and upset woman she was in the previous installment, so finally seeing her self-sacrificing and kick-ass nature come out was a pleasant change. I haven't given up on this series yet - I'm too obsessed with Tybalt for that - but I doubt I'll be quite as excited for the next book.